Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Transit 2009 surges sometimes and often stalls after start

Customer Question

Transit 2009 surges sometimes and often stalls after start up, stalling noticed especially if driver has accidentally stalled vehicle with heavy clutch release
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: have just changed egr valve had a pump learn done batteries are charged have not done suction control valve or pressure relief valve
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On most models the engine is equipped with a crank position sensor/engine rpm sensor.If this sensor is acting up this can cause the fault you have here and would need replaced and can be common.If the fuel pressure is dropping off this can be an issue with a weak fuel pump/injection pump causing this needing replaced.

If the vehicle does not start right back up use a scan tool plugged into your vehicle to monitor the engine rpm signal to see if when cranking over the engine if there is an rpm signal.If no rpm signal is present this can indicate a faulty crank sensor needing replaced.I would also have the fuel pressure tested to see if you have a weak or failing pump needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete