Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My mk2 mondeo via x central locking is playing up. If you

Customer Question

Hi I'm Neil my mk2 mondeo via x central locking is playing up. If you try locking doors with key buttons doors lock except passenger side front. When double locking it locks. Handles inside car only locks that one door other three don't lock. Tried alarm test and sensors all seem to work any ideas please many thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have anything after market wired into your vehicle like an after market remote start or after market alarm system this can be causing this fault here if it was wired in incorrectly or if its control unit that controls the remote start or theft system is faulty.If you do have an after market component like this here I would try and disconnect it and wire the vehicle back to factory to see if this resolves the fault.If it does then it either needs tested and repaired or removed completely.If there is no after market components wired in let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
an after market alarm is fitted but problem was pressent before instalation. alarm was fitted because i hoped it would alleaveate problem but didnt
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,after looking through my info on this model here I dont show or have all of the diagrams on this to help as best as possible but someone else here may be able to assist further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete