sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My name is ***** *****, I have an issue with my 2001

Customer Question

hi , my name is ***** *****, I have an issue with my 2001 IS300SC.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: since a couple of months ago a couldnot use the remote to open my doors, but since last week the immobilizer is activated for some reason, car wouldnt start annymore
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: security light in dash flashes with 4 second interval
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
after the problem with the remote, the lexus dealer tried to reprogramm the keys but didn't succeed in that, they said there are to many keys in the ecu memory. I accepted that for then, and use the key to lock and unlock, but since last week the immobilizer is activated and car won't start anymore, the security light flashes with an 4 - 5 seconds interval, as sign that the immobilzer is activated. the car has an professionally installed aftermarket alarm, which normally be activated by the remote(s), but since I cannot use the remote, this alarm didnot work anymore.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
note: since I have start issue's the c.e.l. is not lighting up when ignition is switched on, so it means the ECU has no power.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have a handful of things going on, and it sounds as if there is a combination of a couple problems at the same time. If the key fob stopped working first then that is unrelated to the current no start situation.

The immobilizer light may be flashing because the immobilizer module isn't communicating with the engine controller. If the engine controller isn't awake it could be a loss of power or ground or an internal failure.

The engine light doesn't do a bulb check at key on?

Does the fuel pump run when the key is turned on?