Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I recently obtained a second-hand Ford Galaxy 2.0TDI (08

Customer Question

I recently obtained a second-hand Ford Galaxy 2.0TDI (08 reg). Two issues:
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 1: It has roof bars locked on to the top, but the supplied key doesn't seem to fit them. What is your suggestion? 2. The standard Ford/Sony sound system has phone icons on 3 separate buttons, but there seems to be no working bluetooth phone facility. Later models definitely have bluetooth. Is it possible to get the system updated to support bluetooth?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your may have to obtain the keys for the roof bars from a dealer or accessory install facility as they may be able to order in the key you need.The other option is to contact a lock smith to see if they can make the key for you.Most likely the original owner has misplaced the keys for these bars and a new key will need obtained this way.

As for the phone system your vehicle may be pre wired for it but hasnt been completed for the install.Usually a dealer has to complete this with a completer kit and in some cases programming as well.You will have to speak with a dealer on getting this completed.In some cases this may cost $1000 or more to have done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete