AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I had to remove the rad in a 2001 L200 to replace the power

Customer Question

hi I had to remove the rad in a 2001 L200 to replace the power steering pump but it all back together but now its overheating when I drive
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well i had to replace the power steering pump, so took the rad out to get at it, swapped the pumps over fine. lost some cooling fluid when removing the rad put it all back together but now the car is overheating is it possible there could be an air pocket in the cooling system as the fluid level didn't drop where you fill it with coolant?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $30 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. There is most likely air in the system now. Were you able to get as much coolant back into the system as you removed? Try letting the engine cool down and check the level. If it's showing full then you may have to use a vacuum filler to get it filled.

Here's the filling procedure. If you need anything else please feel free to ask. Please remember to rate. You can follow up with me at any time.

COOLING SYSTEM L200