Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

My lexus gs300 won't start. The immobiliser light is

Customer Question

My lexus gs300 won't start. The immobiliser light is flashing even when I have opened the car with the key fob. It happened a few years ago when the battery ran down. I was told to disconnect both battery termin also and clamp them together for an hour or so and it worked, but it don't work this time, but the car is turning over OK
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 11 months ago.

The issue is the immobilizer. If the light is flashing then that means that the engine is in security mode and will not start.

If you already tried the trick with the battery, then you may need to have someone look at it that has a computer that will reinitialize the system.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
you only told me to do something that i had already done and advised me to have it put on computer, something else I was already aware of, but you still took £21 ftom my bank