Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

My husband is. My smart car, two door pulse, year

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** ***** my husband is Roger. My smart car, two door pulse, year 2001,German Model, with semiautomatic transmision,was recently flooded. About half metre, we managed to get the engine started subsequently, but we found the transmission couldn't connect. Do you have any idea of how to solve the problem? Thank you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having it very likely caused by water intrusion in the control modules . Are you able to scan the computer system and see if they have any stored fault codes and if so what they are. Post back with the results and we can work from there.