Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

I want to bring 2015 Cadillac escalade from russia to US...

Customer Question

i want to bring 2015 Cadillac escalade from russia to US... trying to find out what modifications i will have to do to be able to get it registered in US. instrument cluster, emissions etc. can you help me with advise? maybe someone has any experience with that.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i know they build them in Russia, for Russian market, so it may be too different from US and maybe not worth modifying. any info appreatiated.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your Escalade was built in Russia then it was not likely built with US Federal emissions and will not meed Federal emission standards and if that is the case it would be very expensive to change it over if in fact it is even possible. I suspect it would cost you more then its worth if it could be changed over. You would likely be best served to sell it there and purchase one here that is built for the US market.