Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My Rover 25 will not start, the engine cranks fine, the MIL

Customer Question

Customer: my Rover 25 will not start, the engine cranks fine, the MIL does't go on when ignition turn on, the doors works fine and the remote works open and close the doors, it looks like no ignition or petrol pump doesn't work or the fuel injectors doesn't open
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the engine doesn't fire, but crank ok, the ignition coils are ok and the petrol pump can run when I short 86 to 30 on relais socket
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $30 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I forgot to say that the ECM has been to ECU Testing LMT and was 100% ok
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

I do need the year of your Rover as well as the last 8 digits of the VIN number. This may be in the wiring from the DLC to the ECM and need to pull the schematics

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it's a 2004 LHD 8 last digits are : 4D745207, I forgot to say that a Autel MS 310 couldn't connect to the ECM
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

Hmmm, for some reason I cannot pull the ecm or dlc diagrams for this vehicle. I will opt out and see if another expert can help

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just wrote a long technically story here and it just disappeared before I have finished - why ??
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I try again: the #5 fuse under bonnet is a 25 amp, and should be, the # ***** fuse under the dashboard has nothing with the Anti theft unit to do, the Fob opens and close the doors and the side lamps blinks, with all doors closed and you press down the sill in drivers side, it should pop up at once and open all doors, it doesn't, it stay down, the wiring loom at the back door is ok, the petrol pump don't start it 2 seconds run when turn on the key. I hope it will help a little, hope to hear from you (radarengeneer)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry but I still haven´t received any answer, just that some one is trying to find another mechanic who can help me, but it's nearly two weeks ago now since I payed for the expert help, so what can I expect ?? Regards torben m.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hello I still haven't got any answer with my problem, no mechanic has given me an answer, just said he woul could d find another mechanic because he couldn't find his diagrams on my car, and of course you have drawn the money from my account, the 26 january.