Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

1999 Honda crv not starting, key flashes and sounds alarm.

Customer Question

1999 Honda crv not starting, green key flashes and sounds alarm. Continuous sharp Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii sound coming from under the dash.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to try and determine why the immobilizer system is active and not reading your keys you are going to need to start with scanning the system to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting . If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to try and determine the cause.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Ron,
I got your suggestion but the problem is the car is parked at home and lam just a layman in automotive mechanics. I don't even know how to get the fault codes you talked about and as a result lam stuck with car on the roadside. Is there anything l could try to get the car running.
Regards
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately about the only other thing you can do is try using your spare key. If it still will not start then its going to require some hands on testing starting with a scan.