Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Audi a6 avant: 00258 fault code on a 2007 audi avant diesel

Customer Question

00258 fault code on a 2007 audi avant diesel what is it please
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. that fault is that from the engine control module or the transmission control module ? please let me knowthanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

could it not be a bad connection on the maff sensor its a manual car and drives fine the light is intermittent

ok its a manual transmission. can you double check that code because that code is for transmission issue. do you have the Pxxxx code that is stored?thanks
also what scan tool are you using please? make and model
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Vag audi scan tool

does your scan tool give you Pxxxx code also? example P1296 and the wording afterwards?