Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My boot has stopped working when I press the central locking

Customer Question

Customer: my boot has stopped working when I press the central locking on my door I have to get out and press the boot release on my key
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the on board computer is set to open for the boot/tailgate but wont operate the boot release my car is an audi a5
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $30 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, first, what year is your A5?

Second, are you planning to do any needed electrical testing yourself if needed to determine the cause?

Please remember that I am not there and therefore rely on you for as much detail as possible. Thanks