Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 99 lexus is200, A few days ago i made ashut the car

Customer Question

I have a 99 lexus is200,
A few days ago i made a*****shut the car off for about 20 mins when i teturn to start up the security light wouldnt stop blinking
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, lock the doors using the inside door lock button and shut all doors. Now unlock the driver door with the key. Leave the driver door open and insert key in the ignition and crank engine.

If this does not work, disconnect the negative cable from the battery. Insert key in ignition and turn to on position. With key still in on position, wait 1 minute, then reconnect battery cable. Alarm will sound for 60 seconds and then go off and flashing light will stop. cycle key off and then crank engine

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have that program,
That dosnt apply to me since i have multiple programmed keys and none of witch works
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I will have to opt out as those are the only DIY methods I know that doesnt require a scan tool. If another expert knows of a method, they will post it here for you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
👍