Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Ssangyong Rexton engine 2.9 diesel Mercedes Benz. Losing

Customer Question

Ssangyong Rexton engine 2.9 diesel Mercedes Benz. Losing coolant at head gasket, engine has 180,000 miles on clock. Is it a big expensive job to repair? It has not being run dry.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Yes, headgasket replacement is an expensive job on this engine. Due to the timing chain needing to come off to remove the head, this also means front of engine comes off in addition to top of engine. Parts and labor will run around 3500 to 4000 Euros.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your figure of 3000 to 4000 Euro sounds very high, do you have a break down of number of labour hours and figure you are allowing for new or refurbished parts and repairs. This would help me make a decision on proceeding with the repair or not? Thanking you Bernard Brennan
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am heading out the door right now for a few hours but I will get you a breakdown this evening

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not recieved your breakdown of repair costs as promised by Eric?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not recieve a breakdown of your figures, need this information to inform my decision re whether or not I go ahead with repair, maybe you have forgotten to reply as promised?