Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

My renault laguna wont start this morning, i live in a

Customer Question

Customer: my renault laguna wont start this morning, i live in a remote area and it is very cold. i had this problem about 4 days ago, and got a jump start from my neighbours car, this seemed to solve thwe problem, but this morning even with the jump start, when i push the start button, there is nothing. the heater fan and radio work ok, but the damn thing just wont turn over.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 52 plate renault laguna estate privildge 1.9 turbo deisel.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $30) to post your type of question to UK Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Nathan B replied 10 months ago.

Hi there

Welcome to ja.com

I hope I can help you today but first I need top ask you some questions do my answer will be better sourced.

1. When you try and start it do the lights on the dash go dim like a flat battery?

2. Will the car start if you bump start it in gear down a hill or being pushed?

3.recently when starting the car had there been any intermittent starting problems?

Any other info you can give is appreciated.

I look forward to your replies

Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Nathan. Turns out its the starter motor. I had to get the dog to the vets, and my Mother-in-Law came over to take us. When we got back, about 15mins ago, She noticed a faint clicking, so she said it was the starter motor. We rocked the car back and forth, and hey presto it started. Turns out it was affected by the cold weather.
Thanks for your help but i don't need you now.Steve

Not a problem

That was the direction I was heading by the questions I asked.

If you require any assistance in the future you can get me here.

Thanks