Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My name is ***** *****, I have problems with freelander 2008

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** *****, I have problems with freelander 2008 TD, valve body wire color identification for solenoid s
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the transmission is a TF81SC AisinWarner and there are 2 wires on the valve body which could be accidentally interchanged. SSD/grean/red and SSC yellow purple, what is the right connection for a 2008 freelander
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $30) to post your type of question to UK Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
additional details: 2008 Freelander TDI, European version, VIN: SALFA24B78H104327
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We think that the colors of wires in attached picture apply for FORD, but Freelander may be different connected
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted the wire colors on this here.In some cases this can be due to the color identification being difficult to obtain on this model here or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.The best place to find this wiring info out is from a dealer or authorized repair center on this model here.If this was already attempted or is not an option for you here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pete, thanks for your reply, but that doesn't answer my question about the cable color assignments on the valve body.
I would need a correct answer, otherwise its useless to continue.
I think dealers may not have the answer, but transmission services and repairs do.
Chris
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete