Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

The bonnet stay has come out of its fixing, how do I

Customer Question

The bonnet stay has come out of its fixing, how do I reattach
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

First, what is the year, model and make of your vehicle?

Second, please explain what you mean by the stay coming out of its fixing - the release cable at the latch on release end, the latch itself, or something else

Please remember that I am not there and therefore rely on you to provide as much detail as possible

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HiIt is a Peugeot 207 1.4 Sport 2010
Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

Hi

please explain what you mean by the stay coming out of its fixing - the release cable at the latch on release end, the latch itself, or something else

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HiThe stay has come out of where it is attached inside the car not the release cable, not the latch
it is when you unhook from the clip holding it to the bonnet and lift it up to hook onto the car the opposite end to the hook end has come out of where it is fixed inside the car
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

Ok, understand now. The bonnet rod that props the bonnet up. There should be a retaining bolt for the holder. Remove it and remove holder from vehicle then you can slip rod into place in it and then rebolt to the vehicle