Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Locked out of my 2004 primera with key inside - engine

Customer Question

Customer: locked out of my 2004 primera with key inside - engine running - have no spare key
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have started the engine - let car running to warm up - door has locked and I have no spare key - only bought it yesterday
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

Hello

I'd 1st suggest trying the boot to see if that'll open for you

if not then I'm sorry to say the best option is to contact a local auto locksmith as they can get into any car with a minimum of damage - often none at all