Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

T km
, 't know if you can throw any light on my problem

Customer Question

Customer: hi.....don't km
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: hi don't know if you can throw any light on my problem .,..have just bought mondeo mk3 2 litre tdci duratorq and it keeps cutting out ...all going ok when driving then just cuts out ...turn ignition off and restarts immediately ......motorway driving town driving it makes no difference have had friend with professional code reader give me 3 x faults that my simple toy did not read B1600 key fault code....p1211 injection control pressure sensor present.... p0251 fuel supply bank a ....engine runs ok but then just cuts out for no apparent reason....have cleaned out EGR valve ...but don't know where to go next in my quest for reliability on this car.....turbo changed 14 months ago injectors tested at the same time and found to be good....fuel pressure on code reader found to be good ....I have 2x keys for car and it cuts out with both keys ...at a loss
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Since you have fuel fault codes here this does sound like an intermittent fuel fault.I have seen fuel pumps and fuel injection pumps act up intermittently in some cases before causing this issue here needing replaced.If the fuel system was not tested when the vehicle was acting up this needs done and if a fuel fault is found when it is acting up the fuel fault will need corrected.

This may require a dealer or repair center to hold onto the vehicle for a day or more to then operate it off and on so they can duplicate and repair the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete