Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I need the radio code on my mk4 mondeo after i diconected

Customer Question

Customer: i need the radio code on my mk4 mondeo after i diconected the battery
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i had aproblem with the abs light so tried disconecting battery to remove the light but ended up with two problems as fix did not work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 10 months ago.

Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response I couldn't seem to access your question

Ok in order for me to generate your radio code i will need the serial number of the audio unit as there is no other way to generate the code

Most ford audio units have a serial number self read function built into the unit

If you press and hold buttons 1&6 or 2&6 (older units the unit will run through a self test and should run through various displays and display the serial number
The serial number will look like this - example
V015638 or M048725

If you can get back to me with this number I will generate your radio code immediately

If the self test function doesn't work and the unit doesn't display the serial number then the audio unit WILL need to be removed /popped out to read the serial number from the side of the unit

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian