Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My Peugeot 307 will not let my key open the door by remote

Customer Question

Hi my Peugeot 307 will not let my key open the door by remote control also the clock resets when I turn the key off plus door mirrors won't open unless I drive for about a mile I then get out lock tthe car then unlock the mirrors now work the radio only comes on with the key in and the glove box light is off , fuses look ok ,spare key opens door but I get anti theft fault ,key won't initialise neither will main key but that one drives car ok ,
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and make sure the battery cables are not corroded at the battery or to where they lead to from the battery.If there are any issues found with the battery cables the fault needs to be corrected to resolve the issue.If this has been checked already and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.I have also seen loose or corroded or even damaged cables that feed power to the fuse panels that need corrected to resolve an issue like this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Pete ,I am a bit scared at this point to do anything to the battery if I disrupt the power the only key that works may no longer work I think the way forward would be to open the door with the key in and see if it is recognised , I have not done this yet as I'm using another car ,the fuse might look ok but may be damaged I might just replace them the glove box light was on now it's not so I've done something to make it worse ,the dealer will have to sort it there's not much I can do ,I'll have a look at the wiring though
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Your welcome

This may be a short in the fuse panel wiring or connection issues here and you are right in some cases it may be best to have a dealer or experienced repair center that works on this model here examine and repair the fault as they will have the correct test equipment and tools for testing and repair.This should be done soon so it doesnt leave you stranded somewhere if you end up driving it.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well today I tried the spare key but the anti theft warning come on so I put the key on the passenger seat I then tried opening the door with my main key in the ignition but it did not warn me so I thought let's try them fuses with my circuit tester , I would have to sit in the passenger seat so I picked up the spare key off the seat and pocketed it , I went round to the other side and the door was locked , so were all the doors even the drivers door with my key in the ignition ,luckily I had pocketed the spare key or I would have been locked out ,the interior lights come on when I open the passenger door ,they go off after half a minute but when I return to the car a few minutes later I can open any door and no lights come on , I wonder if the battery is on it's last legs I will give it a good charge and see if that helps will let you know what happens regards paul
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

It is possible the battery itself is causing this issue here.It it has a voltage issue this can occur here and it may need replaced.If there is any shorts or wiring issues in the fuse panel or wiring to it this can cause this fault as well.These would need checked into further to locate the fault here.

Thanks Pete