Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

My front wipers on my 2009 Nissan Qashqai just stopped

Customer Question

Customer: My front wipers on my 2009 Nissan Qashqai just stopped working. I've changed what I think is the correct fuse in the engine compartment (F4 - 30A mini fuse) but they still don't work.....
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The ignition was switched on and accidental operation of the front windscreen wipers happened at that instant.....the wipers were found to be frozen to the windshield so they weren't going anywhere. That might've been when the damage occurred
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Nathan B replied 10 months ago.

Hi there

Welcome to ja.com.

I hope I can help you today but first I need to ask you a few questions so as to be able to answer you better.

1. Was there fuse actually blown?

2. With the engine running and the wipers turned on, if you try and move the wiper arms with your hand quite firmly, do they then swipe the screen?

3. Now with the wipers turned off, waggle the wiper arms with your hand. Is there a lot of free movement with them?

I look forward to your replies

Thanks