Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Baxter my transit has begun to falter on accelleration the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** baxter my transit has begun to falter on accelleration the rev counter and speedo also stop working the van is on a 59 plate the engine is fine in neutral
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not much else except there is no power when I try to go through the gears
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.This may be an issue with a wiring fault on the engine or transmission causing this issue here needing repaired or a fault with one or more sensors failing like a vehicle speed sensor and crank sensor failure.

Having the codes checked will help locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete