Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

My name is ***** *****
, i have a nissan pathfinder

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have a nissan pathfinder 2006 I've had the DPF,turbo and the 4 injectors clean but I'm still getting black smoke when the engine gets warmed up and when i pull up at the lights ????
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yer
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi im kevin have you ever had it scanned for fault codes and were there any present?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car has been scanned and the only codes found and reset was the DPF light came on after the smoke appeared
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ok the furst place I would start now would be with egr valve . The valve inlet pipe can be blanked with a price of metal plate to prevent exhaust gases from entering . These valves can stick slightly open causing smoking