Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Got a 2004 Clio dynamque passenger side front indicator not

Customer Question

Got a 2004 Clio dynamque passenger side front indicator not on also headlamp dimmed plus blue light on dashboard.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect the wiring running to the head light and side indicator and see if there are any issues with the wiring itself or connections.If a fault is found with the wiring or connections the fault needs to be repaired to correct this issue here.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wiring fine
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Did all of these issues occur at the same time here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when headlamps changed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying you replaced the head lights and then the faults occurred here and if so were the head light bulbs or head light assemblies replaced and were they replaced with the correct bulbs for this model here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried changing headlight & indicator bulbs over & they worked fine.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k. and did the faults start to occur after you changed over the head light and indicator bulbs or was this a problem before you changed them as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After the change.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,did you replace them with the correct factory bulbs or just bulbs from a local parts store?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Local store,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
However these bulbs are for a 2004 clio
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,the only thing I can think of even though they are made for your vehicle is some are made slightly different then the factory bulbs and the wattage will be slightly different.On your vehicle if the correct wattage bulbs are not installed this causes the light issue you see here.

Since this was not an issue until after the bulbs were replaced I suspect one or more (possibly all of the replacements that were installed) are incorrect for your model and need replaced with the correct factory bulbs.There are several model vehicles out there that if the correct wattage bulbs are not installed causes this issue here and I think thats what we are seeing here is incorrect wattage bulbs installed.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will consult makers handbook for wattage & buy recommend bulbs today & let you know the out come. I will say that I've bought bulbs off the shelf before & never had a problem,as long as it's for the correct model.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

In some cases though if the incorrect wattage bulbs are installed this will cause this here so it is best to see if you can obtain the correct bulbs to see if this resolves the fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete