Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a61 reg e250 convertible which has had a rear end tap

Customer Question

Hi I have a61 reg e250 convertible which has had a rear end tap I need to get the rear head rest down it's not the same as the earlier model or clk thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases the head restraints once they go off may not reset.In this case the head restraints will need replaced to correct this fault here.I see no one has posted a procedure on how to reset these here.In some cases this is the reason why or that the info may be difficult to obtain.If you can I would speak with a dealer or repair center on resetting these here to see if it can be done as well as what needs done to reset them.If this is not an option for you on this here or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This answer does not tell me anything
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

I apologize my info didnt help here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete