Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My c270 alarm activates when driving on the road and when

Customer Question

My c270 alarm activates when driving on the road and when parked locked &unlocked please can you help?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with a door latch/position sensor.If the door latch is sending a signal that it is locked when it isnt then the signal for the door open is sent as well with the door locked it can cause the alarm to go off like this here.I have seen the latches fail causing this here and most commonly the drivers latch as it is the door that is used the most.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.From there the codes can be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.This needs done with a scan tool or dealers sds machine that can plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set in all computers.

This may be a control unit/ecu failure as well setting off the alarm on its own as this is possible.Having the fault codes checked will help locate and correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete