Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Here. 53 plate xtrail 67,000 manual petrol full Nissan

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ***** *****,James here. 53 plate xtrail 67,000 manual petrol full Nissan service history! So slight stall,now engine stays on, called Rac diagnosed intermittent fault crank sensor? Contact Nissan in Slough service reception say worst scenario could be £1500!!!! Help please been reliable up to now and car prob only worth £1800-2000 thanks James
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really, Rac engineer asked if vehicle been thru much water? Possible water ingress to crank sensor?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Mmm, I heard there was a recall for this?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The crank sensor is a common component to fail/act up like this here and cause issues.If water has entered the crank sensor connection the sensor will need replaced and the connector cleaned up and possibly the terminals replaced in the connector to resolve this here.If you can inspect the crank sensor wiring and connection for water damage and replace the sensor as needed as well as clean up or replace the connector terminals.If you are unable to locate the crank sensor let me know and I will see if I can locate it for you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete