Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

I have a ford ranger 2004 in my workshop at the moment. It

Customer Question

Hi i have a ford ranger 2004 in my workshop at the moment. It has an intermittent abs light coming on. I can talk the engine and srs systems with an old Carmen scan but not abs. It doesn't have a 16 pin obd socket but it has got a socket on the inner near side wing which I have plugged into. There is a second plug next to the 17 pin one I have used, not sure if that's of any help. Just wondered if there was any way of getting blink codes out or is communications through that 17 pin just not the right software on carmen scan.
Any help would be great.
Barry.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Barry, there is not way to retrieve the ABS fault codes with out using a scan tool. You really should be able to access them through the Data link connector. Have to tried a different scan tool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron. I have got quite a few different scan tools but as it's an old Mazda kind of the carmen scan communicated the best. But not abs. Just wondered if there was another way round ie blink codes.
Many thanks Barry.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately Barry there is no way to read any flash codes and they have to be retrieved with a full scan tool. I code reader will not usually pull ABS codes.