Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Ssangyong kyron 2 litre diesel auto 2012 goes to safe mode

Customer Question

Ssangyong kyron 2 litre diesel auto 2012 goes to safe mode at 3000 rpm in 5 th and 6th gear. Must then stop and kill engine and start again. Saw various other ssangyong so have same fault on internet. How to fix?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When engaging auto cruise the transmission on hills moves back to 5th gear from 6 th. The revs goes over 3000 and then vehicle goes to safe mode. This is very dangerous. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like an electrical solenoid or sensor fault in the transmission/gear box causing this issue here.Usually this is the case if you can cycle the key off and back on again to reset the issue because if it was a mechanical fault cycling the key off and on usually wouldnt reset the fault.

I have seen issues with the shift solenoids in the transmission/gear box cause this here as well as in some cases a fault with the computer that controls and monitors the transmission/gear box.The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and correct this issue here.If you can get the fault codes read out and post the code info here this will help.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pete,
I will take this to the local repair shop to see exactly what the codes are - then I will be back. Fortunately the fault is repeatable so should be traceable.
Will keep you informed and the moment I know the codes I will respond back to you for advice.
Thanks Henk
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Sounds good.As soon as you can get the codes this will help just let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
On the case now. Henk
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

O.k.,let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete