Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

How much to uprate a clutch kit on a bmw e90 330d 2007

Customer Question

Hello, how much to uprate a clutch kit on a bmw e90 330d 2007 model? What additional parts could do with an upgrade alongside a new performance clutch to deal with increased torque and bhp?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, could you recommend these parts or provide a link for me with costs. I live in the UK.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, the first thing I need to find out is the price range you are looking at for the clutch kit upgrade. There are alot of levels in price ranges for performance clutches, so I need to know what price range you are looking at

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've seen one for stage 2 clutch kit for 270 quid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm looking at 350 quid to buy a decent performance and have fitted
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, labor to replace the clutch disc, pressure plate and throwout bearing is 5.6 hours. This will be about 310 quid just for labor costs.

ZACHS performance clutch kit 001243.999533 for around 398 quid

or

LUK clutch kit ###-##-####for around 160 quid for a lower cost option

here is link to them

http://www.race-clutch.com/1666/bmw2012-03-11-19-52-23_1/3er-e90,-e91,-e92,-e93-yom-01-2005/330-d-170kw-231ps-m57-d3-306-d30-tu2-yom-09-2005-0***-***-****-adh-0005-adm-0***-***-****-afn-0005-aho

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. I was also looking at the options on cgmotorsport aswell. So getting this fitted, would it help in gear changes? As currently it seems quite sticky trying to get into the lower gears. It doesn't feel as smooth going in as it should. What other upgrades would you recommend that would help the car deal with the extra torque and bhp from the stage 1 remap I had?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Yes, it will help with the shifting. The only other thing I would recommend is getting a performance flywheel so it doesnt crack due to the extra hp and torque.

If you look at the bottom of the page to the link I sent, it has a LUK dual mass flywheel, which is what I would go with. Labor is only an additional 1/2 labor to swap out the flywheel while it is apart for the clutch kit replacement.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so new flywheel and clutch kit, what about new intercooler , hybrid turbo and exhaust. Would this all make this a killing machine or is this un needed expenditure?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

In my opinion those would be unneeded expenses that would not add enough to it to be worth the cost

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?