Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Im jonny, 2011 vw crafter with 00665 fault code
, going

Customer Question

Customer: hi im jonny, 2011 vw crafter with 00665 fault code
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: going into limp mode still driving but not boosting
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $30) to post your type of question to UK Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah can do will have a look around the site
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi I cant get onto the page to receive answers. I'm new to this
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This code will set when a fault is found with the boost pressure regulation control where the range is not reached.The possible causes and remedies are listed below and this will have to be checked into/tested further to pinpoint and repair the issue here.I have found a faulty turbo in some cases cause this here or a leaking turbo connection.

Possible Symptoms

• Reduced Power Output
  • Limp Mode

Possible Causes

• Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected or leaking
  • Charger Pressure Control defective
  • Turbocharger faulty
  • Diverter Valve faulty

Possible Solutions

• Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
  • Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control
  • Check Turbocharger
  • Check Diverter Valve

Special Notes

• If the Turbocharger is faulty due to mechanical / internal problems or the exhaust system is restricted (typically the Catalyst) this fault may be the end result.

Gasoline

• When found in 2.0l TFSI:
    • Check Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249), for cracked rubber diaphragm. A new/optimized Valve is available under Part # ***** (or newer).
      • RoW vehicles see: TPI(###) ###-####for details.
      • NAR vehicles see: TSB 01-07-70 or(###) ###-####for details.

Diesel

• When found in VW Golf/Jetta 2.0l CR-TDI (CBEA/CJAA):
    • Verify the mechanical part of the Exhaust Valve Control Module (J883) is not seized or binding.
  • When found in the 1.9 L TDI-PD (BLS):
    • Check vacuum supply from the vacuum reservoir located in the valve cover for leaks. Using a vacuum gauge, wiggle the valve cover and hose connections to check for a leak. The following photo was submitted from a customer working on a 2010 VW Caddy (2K chassis) with this vacuum reservoir problem
  • If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete