Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My name is ***** *****, I have i believe a AAM problem on my

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****, I have i believe a AAM problem on my 2003 270CDI ML
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I turn the engine on with the light switch off all of the dash board lights flash, my side and tail lights flash as well. When I put the lights onto auto the main beam lights flash on and off, sometimes they stay on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: That is OK, but the only problem is that I live in the UK LOL
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It is possible this is an issue with a control unit like the all activity module or another ecu but what needs to be done here first is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set and then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair the issue here.This will need done with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle or a dealers sds machine.If you can post the codes that are set here this will help just let me know.

This does sound like an internal ecu fault needing replaced to correct this fault here and may be the AAM itself.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete