Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Key wont open doors on van. seems as if it is just not

Customer Question

Key wont open doors on van.
seems as if it is just not catching something to open the doors.
any ideas
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this is the mechanical key blade that is turning but isnt unlocking the doors this can be a fault with the door lock linkage from the key cylinder to the latch itself or the latch itself at fault needing replaced.You will most likely need a lock smith or similar to come out and use their tools to unlock and open the vehicle then from there the door trim paneling can be removed to inspect the latch and door lock cylinder for any issues needing corrected.I suspect linkage at fault or a latch at fault needing replaced.

Usually when the drivers latch is unlocked it sends an electrical signal to unlock all other doors so if the latch on the drivers door is faulty or disconnected this will occur here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete