Nathan B
Nathan B, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ3 Motor Vehicle mechanics, with 20+ yrs experience and 4 years running my own garage.
27720961

I left the key in the ignition at one click turn overnight,

Customer Question

Hi, I left the key in the ignition at one click turn overnight, in the morning the car battery dead, I took the key out and charged the battery, now the car wont recognize the key, nothing, no immobilizer, no radio remote, no infrared remote, I took the key to car emergency key service here in Iceland and they say nothing wrong with the key, the car has rejected the key for some reason, How can I fix this ?
If I can get Star Diag, could I reprogram/remarrie the key/car ?
My car is Mercedes S320cdi 2002 win - WDB2200261A305776
Regards
Stefan B G
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Nathan B replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

Welcome to ja.come

I hope I can help you today.

It is very rare for the key to lose contact with the car like that but I know from past experience that the keys do stop talking to the cars.

Unfortunately though with these Mercedes cars you cannot reprogram the keys to the car. They come coded from the factory and you have to order them from a main dealer. The keys are quite expensive as well approx 200 euros. The key will come and will look different from the original as it is an upgraded one and will come with a blank blade in it which will need to be cut to the car so that you can use it in an emergency. Your original blade won't fit into the new key which I think is silly.

I hope this helps you and if you need me in future please feel free to ask again.

Please rate my answer as this is how I get paid

Thank you in advance