Robert
Robert, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My Chevy matiz has had new everything on the front brakes

Customer Question

My Chevy matiz has had new everything on the front brakes The callipers to pads and there is still a burning smell and over heated front passenger tyre area. I drove for 6 miles before losing power.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We sat at the side of the road for half an hour for the wheel arch area to cool down, I've just driven home and there is no heat or smell coming from the wheel!
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi..there..

Considering what you've had replaced so far - and there is alot heat being still generated on that side/wheel - id maybe suggest since you havent mentioned it being replaced so far is the "brake flexi pipe" on that side - when they go bad they can collapse internally restricting fluid movement when the brake is released causing a partial brake effect on that side because fluid isnt able to return back up the line when you come off the brake..so it will always brake on that corner - so maybe look into that next..I do hope this helps