Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

Marty. My name is ***** ***** and i have an issue with my

Customer Question

Customer: Hello Marty. My name is ***** ***** and i have an issue with my w201 190E Mercedes.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When the engine is cold the car does not start easy.You need to wait for about 5 secs till the car starts.After that when the temp raises when in motion and you run to a stop the engine rpm drops to about 300rpm then up to about 600 rpm and then the engine shuts down..When the temp of the engine reach about 90 deg celcius (EURO specs) rpm raise to 1100 and then no more shut down of the engine when come to a stop.Some times rpm raise to high like 3000 rpm and when i turn the key off and restart the engine rpm come to a normal rate at about 700 rpm.Also when restart the engine instantly (during the shut down problem when come to a stop ) it turns on instantly.When i shut down the engine (even hot) and try to restart it after 5 minutes needs a lot of effort to start over again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having sound like you may have a fuel pressure concern and the first hing you need to do is to install a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring. If you can post back with the engine size I will give you the proper fuel pressure specs for testing as well.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The engine size is 1800 cc.The engine code is the M102.910.As far as i know the fuel pressure is ok measured at 5.0 bar .A new bosch fuel pump , filter , regulator and 4 injectors have been installed.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Are you checking it while the problem is occurring?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
In all conditions!
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay then has the computer system been scanned to see if it setting any fault codes?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What ECU to scan?The fuel system is k-jetronic and the Ecu cant be scanned at least like the way todays Ecu's do equiped with the OBD ports...
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ron thank you for your answers but due to the difficulty of the k-jetronic system i would prefer if there was a Bosch technicial to review the problem i describe above.Since i have done the most (:i have replace the ECU -OVP rele-temp sensor valves-throttle body-air flow meter-distributor cap-spark plugs- plug wires- etc.) i placed to you a question with the symptoms so as someone expert find me a solution i havent thought since now.