gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

I'm having problems with my driver side door. It is central

Customer Question

Hi, I'm having problems with my driver side door. It is central locking but I have no fob so have to use the key in the drivers door.
I locked the van, then quickly unlocked it as I had left something inside, but the door didn't unlock. All the other doors did, but not the drivers. But now I can't lock the other doors, or unlock the drivers door so I'm having to climb over the passenger seat??
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Steve
Category: UK Car
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you may have confused the microswitch- I would start out by disconnecting the battery, setting all the doors to lock, and then touching and holding both battery cables together for about a minute to reset all modules. Reconnect the battery, and try unlocking the door again and see if it works.

If not, then I would advise replacing the driver door latch, as the miscroswitch may have actually gotten broken in your maneuver- they are tiny and while not fragile, yours has a few years on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply.
I will try this in the morning now when the light is a bit better.
Plus, I need the van first thing so don't want to risk locking all the doors then not been able to open them again. If I try after work then I will have the rest of the day.
Thanks for your help, I will let you know how I get on.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

roll the windows down before you lock the doors.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your reply, but I tried everything you suggested, but neither worked. I have took it to a mechanic today because I need to be able to lock it tonight.
He had to replace the lock as the cable had broken off.
I am confused as to why I was charged £30 today, as I was told it was a £3 charge, then £30 if I was happy with the answer.
If you could please refund the £30 that would be appreciated as I have spent £75 on the replacement today. Thanks anyway.
Steve.