Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Oil has appeared in plastic header tank in my 08 tourneo 130

Customer Question

Oil has appeared in plastic header tank in my 08 tourneo 130 psi model runs fine cruise's at high speed heater not exceptionally hot nothing showing in oil in sump?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is engine oil appearing in the engine coolant system this can be a fault with a cylinder head gasket that is leaking slightly.It can leak to where engine oil mixes with the coolant system only in some cases as I have seen and not show up as an over heat issue or coolant mixing with oil.This will have to be tested further to be sure this is the cause here and the affected cylinder head gasket replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete