Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Sean I have a 2011 transit jumbo. I have two batteries under

Customer Question

Hi Sean I have a 2011 transit jumbo.
I have two batteries under the driver seat . I bought the van 6 weeks ago and the battery etc seems never to have been correct since then. The engine would hunt badly when cold on occasion . I replaced the aux battery as the locking etc was draining and this was remedied. I still get the hunting and now the battery light is coming on. The other battery is aftermarket and would not appear to be silver calcium could this be the problem?
Thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the other battery is faulty or incompatible this can cause this type of fault here and the battery would need replaced.I would have the battery checked/tested to see if it is faulty and replaced as needed.In allot of cases with the battery light coming on this indicates low voltage and can cause the hunting.I have seen the alternator/generator at fault causing the battery light to come on causing low voltage that will cause this issue as well here.

The other battery needs tested as well as the alternator/generator to see if one is found to be faulty and the affected component replaced.I would also have the battery cables checked for any damage or corrosion needing corrected as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete