Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

A few weeks ago i had an intermittent problem with the

Customer Question

A few weeks ago i had an intermittent problem with the central locking not unlocking my drivers door... was intermittent but now it seems to be a perm feature.
At first it was only first thing in the morning or after a while locked that this would happen, once unlocked it was ok for the day. Almost as if the locking mechanism 'set solid' and the electric central locking bit was not strong enough to unlock it.
When i use the remote central locking, you can hear a click from the door so its trying to do something. It would seem the remote / electronic lock mechanism has failed or lost the strength to unlock the door where my key can still move all the lock parts.
Does this sound and Would you know the OEM number for the it is. Thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

Most common to cause this type of fault here is a fault with the lock actuator/latch itself as it may not be releasing unlocking properly.I have seen the mechanical part of the latch fail before on several models that causes the exact fault here with the latch itself needing replaced.

Unfortunately my info isn't giving me the latest part number for the latch itself on this model here.The best way to find the part number for this latch is to contact a dealer with your vehicles VIN number and they can look up the latch part number and tell you the part number.You can usually do this over the phone by calling the dealers parts department.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks. One further question when I get the replacement lock actuator and replace it in the door panel I don't need to configure it to the cars ECU. Basically a change and replace.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

You are correct.No programming is needed it is a simple replacement.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete