sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Enes, the remote central lock on my driver door doesn't

Customer Question

Hi enes, the remote central lock on my driver door doesn't work, all others are fine , have to manuel lock with key , xc90 03
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's possible that you could have a wiring issue but it's more likely to be a failed lock actuator. The lock actuator is in the door latch and is the solenoid that controls power locking an unlocking

What will need to be done is remove the door panel and use a test light set up across the terminals for the actuator, press the lock and unlock button and see if the test light lights up. If it does light but the actuator doesn't work then the latch will need to be replaced.