Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 2011 kangoo maxi and the ignition won't turn

Customer Question

Hi Mike, I have a 2011 kangoo maxi and the ignition won't turn because of the steering lock. It's happened a couple of times and after 10-15 mins of wiggling its started, but now it's completely stuck and just feels like it's it will break if I turn it. Any ideas? Thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this model uses the electronic steering lock there is a good chance the electronic steering lock itself is acting up electronically causing the lock issue here.I have seen this several times before in the past and had to replace it for this issue here.I have seen several model vehicles with this type of fault with the lock needing replaced.

The lock needs tested to be sure it is the cause of the fault here and then from there replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete