sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My name is ***** ***** issue im having is on a 2003 nissan

Customer Question

Customer: hi, my name is ***** ***** issue im having is on a 2003 nissan x-trail.... when i turn the key to ignition position "on" the red immobiliser light flashes 6 times then goes back to flashing intermittently.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when i turn the key to ignition position "on" the red immobiliser light flashes 6 times then goes back to flashing intermittently.Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/uk-nissan/4x2la-red-warning-light-locking-system-the-spare-key-fault.html#ixzz3wBS7COn7
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the immobilizer light is flashing it's because the key has not been validated. The most likely causes would be the key itself or the immobilizer module.

Have you tried a second key?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi. Thanks for the reply, however it came too late as the vehicle is now in a garage. Full refund of this service has ben applied for . thanks.

You're welcome.