gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

Went shopping came back after 20min put key in ignition car

Customer Question

Customer: went shopping came back after 20min put key in ignition car was in park turned key on ignition all the dash lit up would nt crank waited a while tried the key again still nothing there put the gear into neutral and it started it done this once before but it started ok in park then but it did nt today had to put it in neutral lately I had a recall for the car for the airbags as they could rupture do u think something has gone wrong I have only had the problem since taking it to the garage to have them replaced can you help me ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not really only that its funny how I'm having a problem since taking to the garage
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I put it back in park now and tried it lights all come on radio everything but still won t crank put it in neutral turns over lovely not a problem
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can you email me I did nt realize the time tony
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you we need complete information, year, make , model and engine size . Post back with complete information and we can try and help you determine the cause of the problem you are having.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Ron my car is a Chrysler 300c crd 2007 model 3litre diesel
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the information, Because the 300 in not sold with the diesel engine in the states my information is very limited on this one. I will relist the question for you and hopefully a UK expert will pick it up ASAP. If someone can help you they will respond.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Ron are you there
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi Ron its Tony about the Chrysler have you been in contact with enyone yet for me
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 11 months ago.

The airbag recall only involved replacing the airbag in your steering wheel. It sounds like you have a problem in your transmission range sensor, if it is showing all highlighted when you are in park.