Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Have some problems with a vw passat 2006 2.0tdi
,

Customer Question

Customer: Hello have some problems with a vw passat 2006 2.0tdi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: chassisnr:wvwzzz3cz6e188154
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Problems with the CAN BUS. I have following problems: ABS controller no signal, A/C controller no signal, park brake controller no signal. abs light, steering light, brake symbol coming up on display.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Following codes is registered: P1649, U0128, P1635 and many more. can you get me som info? after it was mounted bixenon (not orginal) the problem came. Is it something with the Can system?Regards Thomas (car mechanic)
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I need you to go ahead and list all fault codes coming up.

I also need you to use your scan tool to try to communicate with each control module and tell me which ones it will not communicate with.

And list any work done immediately before all these issues popped up

The more detail you can provide, the better I can help

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi
Do you now where the control modules are located in the car? I have found one under passengers seat and one under the air conditiong system, but there are more. Do you now?Is it enough to disconnect the contact clamp on each control module and then find the one that not want to communicate?Idont have my fault codes here right now, you can get it later.
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I use a scan tool to communicate with the control modules. You need a full function scan tool such as the Snap On Solus. My software is locked up right now, but will post diagrams of each control module location as soon as I get my software going