sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Maverick 03 3litre ticks over won.t rev just stalls no

Customer Question

Maverick 03 3litre ticks over won.t rev just stalls no management lights on
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that could cause a lack of power but if there are truly no codes set and the engine dies when you try to accelerate then I would first suspect lack of fuel pressure. An exhaust restriction could also cause this but it would normally gradually lose power until it got to the point of not running.

The first thing I would recommend is checking for fault codes. If there are no codes then the next thing I would recommend is checking fuel pressure, and if pressure is good then a fuel sample should be taken at the same time to check for contamination.