Richard, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  12 years as a technician at a Ford and Jaguar dealer Ford and Jaguar factory certified
10437779

I ask Xtype 7 years old. I can't open the fuel tank cover.

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, I ask Xtype 7 years old. I can't open the fuel tank cover. The lever inside is just floppy, there is no resistance. Any advice? many thanks.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's it really in a nutshell. I can't refuel the car as I can't gain access through the filler cap.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jaguar Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Sounds like the cable or handle may be broken. Access is tricky but if you remove the trunk trim on the passenger side then read around the panel and you should be able to pull out the cable slightly then the door should release. We then can see if the cable is broke.