gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

I have Audi A4 and i have problem with it and i am trying to

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** i have Audi A4 and i have problem with it and i am trying to find what its about . can you help us with that
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ok i have problem in the gearbox it dosent reserve and the gearbox light is blinking i check the fault codes and it was 18149-p1741 17106-p0722 18201-p1793 18151 -p 1743 my TCM 8E1910155
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Audi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK I CAN WAITE
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the car right now dose not move on the gear i dont what its about it ,
many peoble told me the problem is from TCM and need to repare
and some of them told me its not the problem , its about the complete gearbox need to change . and really idont know what to do about it .
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 11 months ago.

What year is your A4? And does the cluster display show what gear you have selected, or are they all highlighted? Engine starts and runs ok?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2005
its just highlited with redcolor in all gears
engine runs ok and smooth ,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
now i make clear for all wrongs and i found that , only i wrong its still there which is > 18149-p1741.
all other faults are gone but i dont know if they come back later :)

Does your transmission have the removable pan on the bottom, or on the front? If it is on the bottom, I would start out by checking the wiring connectors that are on the front of the transmission, see if they have fluid leaking through them into the wiring harness.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i check it and every thing look great and clean.
change the ATF oil is not solve the problem .
so many people advice me to make reprogramming for TCM ( ECU of gearbox ) .
and others told me i have to change the whole gearbox which really more than car price ! .
waiting your answer .thanks and regards -
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i am still waiting your answer

Do you have the Audi S-Tronic DSG transmission? (link to page and scroll down for identifying pictures)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have gearbox 7 gears which is
Gearbox Code > HHD
Gearbox number >01J300058GX
engine Code>BGB
my gearbox is CVT Multitronic
thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i want to ask you also if i want to change the whole Gearbox .
i have engine with code BGB
what automatic gearboxes i can use with this engine .
thanks and regards

You would have to replace it with the same transmission code

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks for answer last quastion
what gearbox that i can use with my car .
my car vin number WAUZZZ8E45A421882
and my engine code is BGB .
i am looking for exchange original gearbox but i didnt find the same as old one .
ao am looking for another gearbox.
what gear boxes fit my car .
thanks and regards /.

If you can find an HHE or other 01J style CVT transmission it should work, but you may have to get the ECM as well since there may be upgrades to some systems that would not be compliant with your ECM. As long as all the connectors are the same (which they should be if it is an 01J tranny) it should be fine.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi
update for my problem .
i found that my gearbox have problem with clutch so i remove the gearbox and open the gearbox and i found that the clutch is burn , i think what make car over slip ,
so i plan i order new clutch set , do i need to update the clutch from 6 clutch to 7 clutch .
my engine in Bensin ( petrol) not disel , some friends told me no need update just change the clutch, and that will solve the problem .
i need your help about that and stay with me step by step in order to make good rebuild for this clutch pack .
what you suggest me to do .
thanks .

A problem with the clutch is not going to solve your electrical problem- when you started out you had a fault, and all gears highlighted. I understand the clutch may be burned, but that may be as a result of the transmission failing electrically, not the other way around.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sir
I remove all faults and right now the car with out faults .
When I plan to remove gearbox I found one tube of gearbox radiator is leaking and I think that's cause overheat of gearbox and the damage the clutch .
So I think this the problem can you advice me .