Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have an 06 transit when i turn on ignition i have no

Customer Question

Customer: i have an 06 transit when i turn on ignition i have no lights to dash van starts and runs ok but have no wipers no indicators no windows no brake lights and no heater
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: only that up untill yesterday morning i have had no trouble with van at all
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs checked here if this hasnt been done yet is to check and see if any fuses have blown/shorted out needing replaced.I have seen issues with a fuse that can fail and cause a fault like this here needing replaced.The other issue I have seen is a fault with the electronic ignition switch failing with one or more of its contacts failing and the switch needing replaced to correct this fault.

These will have to be checked/tested to pinpoint the cause of the fault here and from there then repaired/replaced to correct this issue.If no fuses are at fault I suspect this may be the electronic ignition switch at fault but this will need to be tested to be sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete